The Memory Techniques Wiki
The Art of Memory Wiki is a free, online encyclopedia of memory techniques, mental calculation, and related brain training information.
If you’re new to memory techniques, download our free ebook, Learn the Art of Memory.
Learn how to use memory palaces and the method of loci! These techniques help you keep long lists of information in order and provide the foundation of many other mnemonic techniques. Photographic memory doesn’t exist, but the method of loci is one of the core techniques in being able to achieve superhuman memory abilities.
- How to Build a Memory Palace
- Memory Palace Tips
- Art of Memory Forum
- Method of Loci
- Virtual Memory Palaces
- How to Use a Memory Palace to Study
Peg lists are similar to memory palaces, but they use ordered “pegs” instead of locations to keep your lists of facts in sequence.
The link and story methods help you chain facts together into linked lists of information.
If you’re new to number memorization, see the blog post, An Introduction to Memorizing Numbers, and then choose a system below.
- Major System
- Dominic System
- The Shaper System
- Person-Action-Object (PAO) System
- Ben System
- Mnemonic Association System for Numbers
- Binary Number Memorization Systems
- How to Remember Numbers with a Memory Palace
Memory techniques can be used for learning languages and vocabulary.
Before memorizing a book, you’ll have to decide whether you’re trying to memorize text word-for-word or just an outline of the concepts and facts. See the links below for more information.
Here are some powerful study tips that everyone should be familiar with.
- There’s an index of mnemonic systems
- 10 Quick Memory Improvement Tips
- Spaced Repetition and Recall
- Feynman Technique
- Memory Palace Alternatives
- Memory Boards and Lukasas
Health is an important part of brain training!
- Natural Ways to Improve Memory
- Exercise and Memory
- Foods to Improve Memory
- Sleep and Memory
- Stress and Memory
If you need to remember random letters, for example, in passwords or license plates, you can create mnemonics for them.
Memory League is an online memory training and competition app where users compete in rapid, head-to-head battles. Beginners are welcome! For information about the platform and the competitions disciplines, see the links below:
- Memory League
- Memory League Cards Event
- Memory League Images Event
- Memory League Names Event
- Memory League Numbers Event
- Memory League Words Event
The International Association of Memory (IAM) manages various national, international, and World Memory Championships.
- International Association of Memory (IAM)
- IAM Random Words Event
- IAM Binary Number Events
- IAM Card Memorization Events
- Memory Challenges
- Card Memorization Techniques
- How to Memorize a Pack of Cards
- Weekly Memory Challenge
- Rapid Language Learning Project
- Silva Rhetoricae
- Standard Memorization Goals
- Trivia and Quiz Software and Games
- Decimal Representation of Fractions
- Trachtenberg System
- Finger Binary Counting
- Shi Fengshou Rapid Calculation
- Casting Out Nines
- Vedic Mathematics
- How to Use an Abacus
- Mental Calculation of Logarithms