Natural Ways to Improve Memory
This page lists discussions we’ve had about ways to naturally improve memory that don’t involve regular memory techniques, including rest breaks, meditation, exercise, sleep, and diet.
Disclaimer: please note that nothing on this website should be construed as medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or qualified health professional.
There is some evidence that exposure to nature is related to memory.
- 20% Memory Improvement from Nature Walks
- The Effects of Nature on the Amygdala
- Nature and general health
There is some evidence that rest breaks improve memory.
- A way to improve memory by resting
- Take breaks from work & study to remember (research link)
- STUDY: Brief Wakeful Resting Boosts New Memories Over the Long Term
Does meditation improve memory? Check out the discussions below.
- Meditation and Memory
- Different Types of Meditation Affect the Brain Differently
- Meditation and Gray Matter in the Brain
- Meditation and Grey Matter
- Integrative Body-Mind Training (IBMT) Meditation and the Brain
For links to discussions about the effect of sleep on memory see the Sleep and Memory page.
There appears to be quite a lot of evidence on the positive effects of exercise on memory.
See the Exercise and Memory page for more information.
See the Stress and Memory page for more information on how stress affects memory.
See the Foods to Improve Memory page for information about discussions we’ve had about diet, nutrition, and memory.
There have been some discussions on a relationship between yoga and spatial memory.