How to Memorize Numbers
I made a quick video that provides an introduction on how to memorize numbers. The main purpose of the video is to introduce some common number memorization systems and explain the difference between image generation and image placement.
Image Generation Systems:
- Association System
- Dominic System (and Dominic System Examples)
- Major System (and Major System Examples)
- Ben System (advanced)
- The Shaper System (not mentioned in the video, because that page is newer than the video, but you should check it out)
- My modified Ben System which uses ideas from the Ben System to create images for 0-9 and 00-99 in addition to 000-999 (not mentioned in the video below)
Image Placement Systems:
- 1-, 2-, or 3-image System
- Person-Action System
- Person-Action-Object (PAO) System — made famous in Moonwalking with Einstein (see also the PAO System Examples page)
Though not mentioned in the video, for completeness you might want to also check out Number Shapes and Number Rhymes. I use a custom number memorization system (based on the Ben System) that you can read about here.
Check out the video, and if you have any questions leave a comment below. For best results, turn the quality settings of the video to HD (maximum) and watch it full-screen.