I am Nodas, a 34 y.o. Greek competing mental calculator, B.Sc. mathematician (Athens University, Greece '08), M.Sc. in Astrophysics (Sussex University, UK '12) and memorizer. I am also the first and current Greek National Record holder for the memorization of π (pi). In November 2016, I participated in the Las Vegas' 3rd International Memoriad 2016 (Memory, Mental Calculation and Speed Reading Olympics). In the 2nd International Memoriad 2012 (Antalya, Turkey) I was the Silver Medalist in Mental Square Roots (2nd place, all correct). I am also a 4-time Mental Calculation World Cup participant, (2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 all held in Germany). In 2016 I was 3rd in Calendar Calculation, with 54 dates per minute. (almost 1 "day of the week" calculated per second). In the Las Vegas Memoriad 2016, I reached the Calendars' 4th place with 82 correct dates per minute (almost 3 dates in 2 seconds). I was also 9th in Mental Square Roots, 8th in Speed Reading, 12th in Mental Divisions and 24th in Names and Faces. My native language: Greek. Foreign: English at C2, a few written Spanish and Italian and a couple of other Indo-European languages; albeit with limited comprehension (full list in my Linkedin)
My current website:
My Memoriad profile page (with competition photos)
(my Memoriad competition personal records)
My Memocamp page: https://memocamp.com/en/bestenliste/benutzer/8286-nodas
My Github: https://github.com/NodasBoukovalas
Some more links about memory and mental calculation competitions:
1. The Memoriad new website: www.memoriad.com,
Memoriad wiki information here: http://web.archive.org/web/20170212183601/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/... (I'm shown in the main Memoriad wiki pic, in the 4th row, 2 rows behind Ben Pridmore)
2. The Mental Calculation World Cup (MCWC) website: http://www.recordholders.org/en/events/worldcup/index.html Further info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_Calculation_World_Cup
3. Mental Calculation World Rankings:
(I'm inducted there, in the world rankings of the Square Roots
and the Calendar Calculation categories, since 2012)
4. Memoriad 2012 Total Rankings presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WGf0AW2xEk (I'm at 2:00 mark )
Summarized report videos from Memoriad 2012:
I get my medal around minute 12:00 after Simon Reinhard and Robert Fountain, both great fellow competitors.
5. Las Vegas Memoriad 2016 full competition videos:
(around 10 hours each. Thanks to our sponsor Zappos @ Las Vegas)
Memoriad 2016 Full results here:
There in Las Vegas, I really enjoyed competing in "Speed Reading", where I speed-read a nice dystopic science-fiction text, which consisted of almost 6K words. (I read at a speed of about 1000 words per minute). This was the first short book I ever read while in USA.
6. Memorization of π/pi World Ranking lists. I currently hold the Greek National Pi Memory Record. Reference: www.pi-world-ranking-list.com/index.php?page=lists&category=pi&asc=true&...
More info on this record, in my blog: https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/new-%CF%80pi-greekhellenic-r...
7. Update September 2018: A post regarding my recent interview to worldmentalcalculation.com https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/interview-nodas-boukovalas-regarding-his-... (Interview link here https://worldmentalcalculation.com/2018/09/09/nodas-boukovalas-interview )
- View recent blog entries
- Member for
- 3 years 5 months