Sleep and Memory
This page contains information from discussions we've had about sleep and memory.
Disclaimer: please note that nothing on this website should be construed as medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or qualified health professional.
Here are some blog posts and discussions about the effects of sleep on memory.
- Sleep and naps
- Fragmented Sleep and Memory
- Sleep and Memory: Test Yourself the Next Day
- Improving Memory While You Sleep
- Studying before going to sleep
- "Sleep deprivation appears to be more detrimental to working memory in females"
- During sleep, the brain weakens the connections among nerve cells apparently conserving energy and, paradoxically, aiding memory
- Do you need sleep in order to do well?
- How to learn while you sleep (using sound)
- Sleep and Alzheimer's
- Older Adults' Forgetfulness and Sleep
- REM Sleep and Dementia
- What can the brain do while sleeping?
- How Sound Can Hack Your Memory While You Sleep
- Sleep frees the hippocampus for new memory contents