Easy Daily Reading in Foreign Languages
One thing that is helpful in learning a language is to do some simple daily reading in that language. This wiki page compiles a list of websites that have easy readings in different languages. Some ideas of things to list are blogs, simple news sites, podcasts, and videocasts.
Feel free to add additional languages in alphabetical order.
- Feedreader.com -- an RSS reader that allows you to subscribe to blogs
- Pocket -- read online articles offline. Pocket is built into Firefox Quantum
- Wikipedia has versions in many languages. You can download articles for offline reading with Pocket or one of the Wikipedia apps for mobile devices.
- Esperanto literature
- Lernu.net, of course
- Esperanto and Portuguese - a video in both languages
- Audio readings
- Esperanto Soup
- Esperanta Retradio - daily Esperanto podcast
- Multe da ridoj - weekly comic strips
- War of the Worlds comic
- http://slowgerman.com/ (Podcast)
Intermediate and difficult:
- http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/easy/ --Daily news article. Not always that easy, but they gloss difficult words in simpler Japanese. There's also a recording of the article so you can listen as you read.