System for Memorizing Text

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 11 February, 2012 - 23:46

System for Memorizing Text

Hi all,
Wanted some feedback regarding a system I'm trying out for memorizing long text. The system builds on the ideas and pieces of others. Essentially it is a modified loci system. I use an alphabetized filing cabinet of people I know and associate the image with a picture that captures the overall paragraph or subject matter. Next, I associate sub images of relavent key points to the full body of the alphabetized representative (similar to basic peg systems or as Ron White calls, a skeleton file). The issues I am having are around how many images and by what system is best to peg sub images (for example, one could use a PAO system with the body part representing an O); I read somewhere that no more than two objects should be associated...but sometimes three (if it includes an action) may be more memorable.

Anyhoo, feel free to give it a crack and if anyone has some feedback regarding better ways to peg info and in what sequence, that would be tops...

Regards,
J.

30 April, 2012 - 11:12

hi jwander

I have tried to organise loci method and spaced reptition together

I have created a post named memorizing books/concepts... In education folder

Check it out and tell me how we can improve it ....

Any new ideas which can help us

19 June, 2012 - 12:32

Hi, I created a new website which is free to use and helps you remember texts!
Would be great if ye could try it out, I believe it is a fantastic way to remember .
Noel

3 August, 2012 - 06:32

Hi Hippofy,

i can't see a website on the information you wrote us. Could you please tell us your website? Thanks

3 August, 2012 - 06:34

Hi.
Thanks for your message.My site is called hippofy ! Hope it helps.
regards
Noel

3 August, 2012 - 06:56

Thanks Hippofy,

It is looks a nice web site. I will look through it and come back soon if there is anything I want to say. Thanks for your quick response.

8 May, 2018 - 07:40

Unable to open this website? Any suggestion

8 May, 2018 - 07:42

It opens up as a search website

11 May, 2018 - 08:29

It looks like the site doesn't exist any more.

17 May, 2018 - 06:37

JC wrote:

It looks like the site doesn't exist any more.

You should be able to contact the guy here:

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/noel-o-hara-7178635

But don't expect to find the website in that link. It's listed as "Company Website", and the link is:

http://www%2Chippofy.com/

which, AFAIK, is an invalid link.

Download our free ebook! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account, and we'll send you a free ebook with tips on how to get started.

Related content: