New Member: Max Caesar, 35y, Brazil

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 15 October, 2013 - 11:26

New Member: Max Caesar, 35y, Brazil

Hello guys!

I'm a engineer from Brazil and I'm interested in memory techniques about a year or so.
I love to study and learn new subjects. Currently I'm using spaced repetition (Anki) to retain most of information I need, but after watching a TEDtalk from Joshua Foer I got more interested in other techniques like memory palace.

My main goal is to learn how to memorize and recollect effectively huge amounts of information that I could use in my profession, learning a new language and passing difficult exams.

I decide to become a member of the forum to exchange experiences and to learn new techniques.

Nice to meet you all! Thank's for having me.

Max Caesar

15 October, 2013 - 16:32

Welcome, Max.

It would be helpful to know what kind of Engineer. In my experience, some are diagram oriented, others detail oriented ie knowing the sizes of various widgets. Electrical engineers have a different emphasis to Civils for instance.

18 October, 2013 - 06:22

Hi Brianma,

Thank you for your reply. I'm a agronomist engineer and you're right. I love to structure information in diagrams and mind maps. I think most engineers like to measure things, record and analyze information in tables and graphics. I'm a heavy user of anki, but I'm very impressed with this visual and imaginative techniques. I'm starting a memory palace in Minecraft too. :-)

2 November, 2013 - 05:58

Hi and Welcome Max,

I am from Brazil too. I already used Anki and I know the power of learning by spaced learning. You are doing a very nice job using this tool in addition to Mind Maps, etc.

You are in the right place to improve your skills. You will find a lot of good stuff here.

Keep in touch if you wanna to exchange knowledgment and share your achievements.

Akilez.

Download our free ebook! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account, and we'll send you a free ebook with tips on how to get started.

Related content: