Need to memorize 1000 to 2000 English vocabulary

1 post / 0 new
#1 4 November, 2017 - 09:54

Need to memorize 1000 to 2000 English vocabulary

I’m studying for the GRE and am needing to memorize definitions to roughly 1000 to 2000 words.
This is my first time in attempting any type of ‘memory trick’ and would really like some suggestions.

In trying to use the memory palace technique, is it just a matter of walking mentally through my house and mentally placing the words in corners/furniture with an associated ‘story’ to try to get it to stick?

My questions I would like to clarify:
How do I place 2000 words in 1 house? If I place multiple words in one spot, will I eventually get confused?

Some words I really don’t know how to make a story. I,e for the word ‘gregarious’, Meaning ‘someone who is likely to socialize’. How would you make a memorable story?

For 1000 to 2000 words, would I end up having 1000 to 2000 stories? My concern is that I’m not really good at making up stories and I’m afraid it’s going to end up confusing me.

Download our free ebook! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account, and we'll send you a free ebook with tips on how to get started.

Related content: