Names & Faces Event Question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 5 March, 2012 - 14:43
Yan
Yan's picture

Names & Faces Event Question

A question to the mentathletes, for the names & faces recall event, do you need to complete a row correctly to get your points like the number, random words or binary events or is each face scored individually?

Like I can just miss two names in a row and still get the third name correct? Am I awarded the points for the third name or are points taken from my score for the row?

Thanks... :)

5 March, 2012 - 14:59
Yan
Yan's picture

From Boris Konrad: Each face, even each name, counts individually. The faces are not given in order but in a new random order! Therefore you would have to know all the names to be able to recall them in order, which is not possible. In summary: Each correct first- and each correct surname gives you a point no matter how many names you got correct in that row.

29 May, 2012 - 09:23

Could anyone please tell me where I could get the official written rules explaining this and the correction method for other official WMC tests as well?
I went to WMC site and found nothing written on this subject.

I would like to know cause I'm organizing a competition with a Random Word Test and would like to have it well corrected.

thanks in advance, if anyone can help.

Simon

29 May, 2012 - 13:24

31 May, 2012 - 10:56

Thanks Geoff,

I was able to find all I needed with the help of the link that you gave.

SL

31 December, 2016 - 23:08

Sorry for reopening this thread.
Basically i would like to have some sample sheets of each disciplines so i can have better insight. So i came to this thread.
The link that geoff has mentioned shows error.

If anyone has some of the predownloaded sheets or some simulating training sheets, i would like to have them.

Regards.

Download our free ebook! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account, and we'll send you a free ebook with tips on how to get started.

Related content: