Download our free ebook! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account, and we'll send you a free ebook with tips on how to get started.
I’m looking for an app to practice speed cards on my phone. After looking around the following links on this thread,https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MemoryLadderFreehttps://market.android.com/details?id=com.Testerhttp://imgur.com/a/gcsEZ#0https://market.android.com/details?id=com.simpsonstrial2&feature=search_...
I find that I get no where:
Google Play sends post this message when I click on the above.
“We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.”
My question is, is there any free app for speed cards for Android phones and what would be the link?
Thanks in advance.
Hi Simon, I have 52 Memo installed in my android phone and tablet. It's simple and does exactly what I want. I couldn't find it on google play search, but thankfully Ismael the developer, had the link in a forum post. Unfortunately, I can't find it now. Hope it works for you.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_ismael_pena...
I have the memory ladder 1.5 apk in my laptop. If you want, I can send it to your email. Also, if anyone needs memory ladder app, just give me your email address and I will send it to him.
I was able to download on my phone dinob's 52Memo from Play Store (Thanks Dinob). It does give me a random deck, which is great but it is easy to see that there might be another app with more features.
Given that I want this for my phone, I'm not sure how I'd be able to download an app from an email file but still, if you want to send it to [email protected] I may find some use for it, thanks.
I will be glad to receive memory ladder :)[email protected].
Hi Simon and Peter,
I just sent you the memory ladder 1.5 APK and its corresponding png.
Hope both of you like it. You may need to install Avast Mobile Security before installing memory ladder app so you can unlock the "restriction of installation in foreign/unknown app" button in the system security. What I meant is : whenever you install a new app from an unknown source such as the pirate bay.org other than google play, your android device will display a warning message showing that you need to click a button for installing a new app that you downloaded from another source other than the google play, but at the same time you are under the risk of installing a bad app that contains virus. Fortunately, the memory ladder app that I sent to you contains no virus as you can scan the app after its installation. When I bought and installed the memory ladder app on 2013, I left a backup of it in my android tablet. After that I bought another new android tablet on Jan 2015, but the memory ladder was no longer on google play. So I transferred the backup version of memory ladder app in my first android tablet to the MicroSD of my second tablet and installed the app from there. I encountered the warning sign I mentioned above during installation, and I clicked "permit installation of foreign unknown app" and the app was installed successfully. I used antivirus app to scan it and there was no virus.
Hi, I'd love a copy of the App Please.[email protected]
Would it be possible to host the apk online? I think a download link would be more efficient than email.
Also, if the original dev is still around, could you please work on getting the app back on Google Play? That would be the best way for everyone to benefit from this great app!
Would you please teach me how to upload the app back on Google Play? I am not a computer expert, so I don't know how to get the app back on Google Play.
Hello everyone, I am the developer of Memory Ladder. I will be putting it back on Google Play very soon. I am also in the process of redesigning the app. If there's anything you'd like changed about the app, please let me know, I want it to be the best training tool available.
Excellent! I'm looking forward to trying it.
I love the memory ladder app it's still available for Android via the Amazon underground app. It's a great app the only thing I would change is the spacing in the number memorization section. Will you also be updating the version on amazon?
Thanks for the tip! I've downloaded it and am enjoying it immensely.
Yes, I'll certainly update the amazon version too. Neva, I will indeed be adding an option to change the spacing in the number memorization section.
For those still interested, Memory Ladder is back on the market now, for free, as a BETA release.https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mastersofmemory.memoryladder
Once you agree to be a BETA tester, you'll be able to visit the store listing and download the app. I haven't made any big changes yet, so let me know of any changes you could use.
(my native language is french so please tell me if some parts of my message aren't clear)
I've been using and testing the Memory Ladder app for one day on my samsung galaxy s5.
Overall this is an excellent app.
Here is my feedback :
1) in the "train" part, spoken numbers : I'd like to see a more adjustable speed (you could do something in the same way as the setting of the number of digits) because going from 1 digit every 2 seconds to 1 digit per second is quite a big leap in difficulty. I'd also like to see a higher maximum of digits, since I'm using it just to visualize my images, not memorizing (others practice like this, too). Something like 1000 (or infinity) would be great.
2) Could you add the possibility not to save some scores, or to delete them afterwards ? (or perhaps I haven't seen this possibility). Because when testing the app, or if you're interrupted doing a test, you set scores that you don't want to keep in your progression graph.
3) In the "compete" part, for digits and numbers : could you put enough digits and cards to make a world record possible ? Could you set the speed cards test like in competitions ? (memorize as fast as you can, then wait for the end of the 5 minutes, then 5 minutes to recall. But you would have to explain the rules before)
4) External links to memory techniques (like the art of memory wiki), and words on memory journeys (you only write about the link method if I'm not mistaken) would be great
5) For those interested in it, you could put somewhere in the app a page of world records in the different disciplines, or show the corresponding world record before doing a test, or put an external link to the world memory statistic website.
6) I didn't find easily that it was possible to enter one's own mnemonics. Perhaps make that more visible ? And you could add the possibility to train PO, PAO, 3 digits systems (this might need a fourth button next to "climb the ladder", "compete" and "train", something like "devise your memory system")
7) I think it would be better, when the mnemonic assist is on, to show mnemonics only if the user asks for it (taps on the digits) and not automatically : he should try by himself to recall his images, before seeing the answer, in order to memorize them more effectively.
8) You could add more levels in "climb the ladder", to make it more entertaining
9) I find the scrolling of cards a little blurry. It would be great if one tap on the card displayed the next one without scrolling.
10) There's a bug in both "train" and "compete" modes, for long cards : if I try to go to the next deck before scrolling cards, it works, but once I've made some cards scroll, I can't go to the next deck even if I come back to the beginning of the deck. It writes "Deck 2 of 5" (for example), but I'm still in deck 1.
11) Could there be a mode with black digits on a white screen ?
I hope you will find this feedback useful.
Again this is an excellent app and I'm very excited to have such a training tool on my phone.
I'm looking forward to seeing this app released (not just as a BETA release), because it may help convert new people to memory techniques as well as be a wonderful training tool for memory enthusiasts.
Can there be an option to not completely shut down your attempt at memorization when you accidentally click out of the game? I've hit the home button on my phone during recall a few times and lost all the effort I put into memorizing a deck of cards.
Other than that the speed cards section is great, I love how easy it is to select cards during recall.
Hello Memory Ladder folk :)
I've just released a new android app which redesigns the decimal numbers challenge. I'd love for you all to try it out and let me know what you think. It's free ;)
Download it at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=speednumbers.mastersofmemo...
Some of the changes you'll notice:
* Decluttered the interface, some features from Memory Ladder don't exist yet
* Setting configurations can be saved
* Black text on white background and no grid lines
* More spacing between digits
* Current position is highlighted
* Can recall line by line or all at once
* The app works in both portrait and landscape
* You can leave the app and come back without having to start over
* After submission of recall you go straight to review
Let me know if there are any critical pieces of functionality missing, or if anything seems "off" about the way the app works.
My Android app Memory Ladder is now available in production. It's got a lot of design changes, including a complete redesign of the number and card events to be much more intuitive. By all means let me know if the app is working well, or if there are any changes that are needed to make it a more effective training tool.
You can download it here: Download Memory Ladder