How Do You Get Your Omega 3s?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 18 September, 2012 - 16:58

How Do You Get Your Omega 3s?

18 September, 2012 - 18:28

I get mine from life'sDHA (the competition's sponsor). It's algae rather than fish oil. I take a couple pills of it in the morning and I'm set for the day (1000mg).

Occasionally it's in my eggs and/or milk, but very tiny amounts.

19 September, 2012 - 08:44

I eat Omega 3 due to my high blood pressure, so I have some experiences, not sources from web, and I can say, that it has a good effect on my brain. There was a little difference in my brain functioning, when I ran out of it. It was one week without any fish, or nuts, and of course, pills, so I would call it "omega 3 deficit". And I had a lack of concentration and so on. Not something extraordinary, of course. But I didn't know that Omega 3 are good for brain. But then, when I started to it eat again, I could think faster, and everything, like programming or memory training seemed a little bit easier for me, and I was even more motivated. And in that moment, one question came to my mind "what changed?"..And I realized, that I had more Omega 3 in my food, so it can be the "change". I think that Omega 3 are needed. I don't know, if it is really Omega 3 or not, just my one experience. But it still works..

20 September, 2012 - 14:07

Is 1000 mg the recommended daily dose? I wasn't really paying attention to my dosage.

This morning I started grinding the flax seeds to make sure I get the nutrients. I took 2 tablespoons today and will probably have 1 tbsp of the flax oil later -- added to the bean soup that I made last night.

According to this random webpage, flax seeds may need to be eaten with certain other nutrients to work:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=76

The other nutrients they list are: "vitamin B3, vitamin B6, vitamin C, zinc, and magnesium". I don't know if the information is accurate though.

I wonder if it would be beneficial to use multiple sources...?

24 December, 2016 - 07:48

I am vegan, I use aglae omega 3 from I herb.
Also through well balanced diet - nuts, seeds etc...

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: