Calling doctors/medical students!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 22 June, 2011 - 00:56

Calling doctors/medical students!

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure there's some medical students on this forum. It'll be nice to met and talk with the people that will be doing the same job as me in the future :D (or are already working :))

I think It'll be good to talk about how you approach the various modules/specialities and with what kinds of learning techniques, and we can help each other out to absolutely smash medical finals/usmle and beyond!!

27 June, 2011 - 07:03

Hi! I'm new here. I'm currently finishing up my final semester of basic science medical education. I'm struggling a bit with memorizing pathology, pharmacology, and microbiology.

I've made a series of loci and images to memorize large chunks of information. And I've had some success at it on small exams! But, as I look forward to board exams, I'm having trouble retaining everything from the past as well as adding more information to my previous loci.

I've just begun browsing the forums, but I have some small concerns:

1. how to build more palaces/loci
2. how to code complex sets of information (ie: COPD = productive cough for at least 3 months for 2 consecutive years, hypersecretion of mucous, acute and chronic inflammation, blue bloaters, respiratory acidosis, cor pulmonale, early hypoxemia, late dyspnea)
3. how to retain this information indefinitely
4. how to add more to old images

Any advice would be great!

Cheers,
amittva

27 June, 2011 - 14:51
Yan
Yan's picture

I'll be writing a guide on memory techniques for medical students shortly guy. Hang on!

27 June, 2011 - 15:02

Great to see toher interested in applying the more advanced memory techniques (not just mnemonic sentences)to the study of medicine.

I'm studying on 3. semester of Med school at the University of Copenhagen.

Maybe we could make group on this site were we could post update and information about our ventures in using MOL for Med

27 June, 2011 - 15:13

wow, its great to see some fellow medics. Yan: can't wait to see what you've got in store for us, I bet it's awesome!! Krismopolitan: There's a group called "Medical students unite" lol. Hopefully over time it will become an amazing repository of techniques so that we can master medicine :D

28 June, 2011 - 05:19

Krismopolitan wrote:
Maybe we could make group on this site were we could post update and information about our ventures in using MOL for Med

Here's a link to the medical students' group:
http://mt.artofmemory.com/group/medical-students-unite-1023.html

1 September, 2011 - 10:59

Hey guys,

Sounds great, wish you all the best. I'm planning on a career possibly in physics/Microbiology so i may call on you guys to help me out!

Good luck!

11 September, 2012 - 14:05

Cool can't wait to join it : )

21 December, 2016 - 22:49

Hi,

Can I have the link to the guide?

Thanks

7 January, 2017 - 01:06

i have mnemonics for most everything in medical school and residency ..if you are interested in learning something shoot me a line

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: