Creating “Hooks” for Loci
With two images per locus, I haven’t had any trouble remembering which pairs go together, but I’ve had problems remembering where they appear in the journey.
I’ve started to concentrate more on having a “hook” in each locus to attach the image to.
- Front porch — the steps are made from a certain kind of stone, and the first image is pictured on that type of stone.
- Mailbox — the first image comes out of the mailbox.
- Electrical box — the first image should have the electrical box in it.
- End of street — the first image should include the spruce tree.
- Willow tree — the first image should be in the branches.
- Shed — the first image should come out of the shed.
This has cut down on the problem of forgetting where the image pairs appear. I think I was doing this before, but I wasn’t practicing for a long time, and must have…forgotten.
Photo of mailbox © a4gpa under CC BY-SA 2.0 License