You Can Have an Amazing Memory: Learn Life-Changing Techniques and Tips from the Memory Maestro by Dominic O'Brien

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 22 May, 2011 - 02:45

You Can Have an Amazing Memory: Learn Life-Changing Techniques and Tips from the Memory Maestro by Dominic O'Brien

Has anyone read Dominic O'Brien's new book, You Can Have an Amazing Memory: Learn Life-Changing Techniques and Tips from the Memory Maestro?

I don't know if I will be able to find a copy until I get to London. (Waterstones has it in stock.)

Here is one review I saw on Amazon's UK site:

It is simply the best book on memory ever written. An absolute must-read for everyone interested in improving their memory. Apart from description of the main techniques, Dominic O'Brien shares his personal and very effective tips which go far beyond the popular systems. Even if you have read his previous books, you will find a lot of new valuable information in this one. Highly recommended!

I searched for an ebook or audiobook version, but I don't think there is one...

6 June, 2011 - 09:07

Does anyone have dominic's book "How to pass exams" in ebook version???

12 July, 2011 - 21:51

I read "You Can Have an Amazing Memory..." a few weeks ago. It was a good read.

It is mostly instructional, with exercises and the like, but Dominic also talks about how he became interested in memorization techniques and developed his skills. These added thoughts are mostly sidebar type blurbs, but really add to the overall inspiration and motivation in learning the techniques. In the same way that "Moonwalking With Einstein" will undoubtedly generate new mnemonists and memory enthusiasts, Dominic's book will serve the same purpose, as well as to rekindle the interest of those already in practice.

Most of the book seems geared toward mastering techniques for the types of, if not the exact, challenges one would face in memory competitions. Dominic O'Brien having been an eight-time World Champion, this would be expected.

There is a small amount of the usual "why memory techniques work and how they came to be" type of material, but the book is mostly a straightforward manual on how to build your arsenal of memory techniques. Dominic also provides tips and suggestions for honing those skills.

I would definitely recommend the book for beginners and veterans alike.

13 July, 2011 - 03:33

Thanks for the review. I'm going to buy it as soon as I can find a copy...

4 September, 2011 - 22:56

Dilcue wrote:

I read "You Can Have an Amazing Memory..." a few weeks ago. It was a good read.

Yes! I got it from Amazon not long ago, read in several days. Interesting book, good new advices, tha i haven't seen in previous books.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: