UK Memory Championships in 2017!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 26 December, 2016 - 11:20

UK Memory Championships in 2017!

Well, in 2016 I ended up organising a whole lot of competitions squeezed into a short space of time, but I hope in 2017 we'll have things spaced out in a more leisurely way.

I've added one to the competition calendar - an International Standard event as part of the Mind Sports Olympiad on August 20-21, which I hope a whole lot of people can come to! I've been a devoted participant of the MSO since it started in 1997, and I'm glad to be bringing a full-sized memory competition back to it, twenty years later!

I'm intending to run a Friendly Memory Championship on one of the bank holiday weekends in April/May 2017, and if anybody has a particular preference for dates, please let me know. There might also be another numbers/cards championship as a separate one-day event on the same weekend.

I'm very hopeful that there'll be another UK Memory League Championship, maybe in November again - we need a new host-and-surprise-task-creator as well, since I want to compete this time!

Things not organised by me will hopefully include the return of the Welsh Memory Championship - Dai has said he wants to bring that good old tradition back!

I don't yet know what the WMSC will be doing, but the list above gives us plenty to choose from already. Come and take part! :-)

11 January, 2017 - 15:46

Sounds exciting, I hope to attend a few of these ...

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: