Studying for the ACCA (Association of chartered Certified Accountants) Exam

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 7 August, 2012 - 01:34

Studying for the ACCA (Association of chartered Certified Accountants) Exam

[Webmaster's Note: This post was moved here from this thread.]

i have read some of the exchanges written on this post. It is so helpful.

I am an ACCA student. I have taken one exam last June. It is very difficult course! Especially these days, they are making it so hard. Is there any one who is learning ACCA and using this mnemonic technics and wants to say and give advice how to study ACCA? Please help.

Thank you suncover.

This is a course that is given in UK which represents Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). It is given correspondent basis. There is no class attendance for me kind of person since I am living out side UK. But there is tutorial classes for some courses in my country.

About the exam, there are only five questions for most of the courses. All are compulsory. There are 14 papers to be done to finish the course. There are more written and some calculations to be done. Exam is given in December and June. you can take a maximum of 4 courses per sit.

In my case, I don't attend class. I will study by myself for about 2 - 3 hours per day for 3 to 4 days per week long before exam if I am taking 2 papers. I will take annual leave one month before exam and study full time.

I am available for any explanation if this is not clear.

22 August, 2012 - 03:25

First read the text on the first chapter one time to get the gist of it. Then, on the second round the same chapter using journey method and linking all the key words with the loci. Do the same for the next chapters.

Work on a lot of past exam papers possible.

22 November, 2016 - 04:43

Please say something on this. What study systems are you guys using for ACCA?

22 November, 2016 - 23:32

There isn't really a general study system, it is mostly customised to suite each person, and with training comes improvement.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: