Quizlet and Spaced Repetition

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 28 February, 2014 - 15:00

Quizlet and Spaced Repetition

Hi everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I recently started using Quizlet and Memrise for learning German. They are great tools but I'm having trouble coming up with a good workflow.

Quizlet is almost perfect. Flashcard creation is easy and games are fun. However, they don't use spaced repetition. Memrise has that covered by using a gardening metaphor for how the brain learns, but I find this tool limited in other aspects.

I contacted Quizlet Support and it appears they are not working on spaced repetition right now.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 November, 2015 - 16:42

Hey! I was also using Memrise a lot. As you pointed out, however, Memrise is very limited when it comes to creating the study items. I was missing the possibility to use several lines and fonts and etc. Also, I missed the opportunity to create flashcards without being forced to use multiple choice. Therefore, I have now changed to Anki, which can be heavily customized and also uses spaced repetition.
Maybe this helps you, although quite frankly as you asked the question almost 2 years ago you might have found a way yourself :D

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: