Photoreading Paul Shelle

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 6 December, 2014 - 09:00

Photoreading Paul Shelle

Hello,

What do you guys think about Paul Shelle photoreading course can it improve your grades if on a 1 to 10 scale youre 7-8 can it improve it to a 9-10 with about 2 points it adveritises that it cam make C students into A ones.I`m just wondering if it`s true my bar exam is really close.
Thank you

Bogdan

6 December, 2014 - 09:32

NASA's research says:
"These results clearly indicate that there is no benefit to using the PhotoReading technique" (page 11)

See also: photo reading and mental photography.

Scheele's book description says:

When you learn Photoreading you will experience what might sound impossible. You will PhotoRead the written page at rates exceeding a page per second, directing information into the expanded processing capabilities of your brain.

Studies show that reading one page per second is impossible.

7 December, 2014 - 02:40

It`s not really reading one page per second at first you read at 1 second and then you let yourself guided by your subconcions to read exactly what you want from the book.

7 December, 2014 - 03:18

I have actually read that before, Bogdan. You could accomplish the same by just reading chapter and sub-chapter titles(which the methods I've read actually mandate that you do).

There are several different "methods" for photoreading, one of which is to skip through the whole book, only reading the chapter titles and section titles, and looking for a second in the middle of each page, then go back to where the information you want is located. This isn't photoreading, it's an illusion. You look at the titles to know where the information is, the "photoreading" has nothing to do with it.

Perhaps it can improve your grades if you skip through books first, look at the chapter titles, and only read what you need to know out of the book, saving you time. Otherwise, "photoreading" is hogwash.

Bateman

27 January, 2015 - 10:18

Well in my humble opinion the fact that MANY people say it works, and many people say it is hogwash, tells us that it works for some and doesn't work for others. It seems to have a personal attitude to it. In my mind the theory behind photo reading *should* work, just like the savant who flew over London and then created a perfect map of it. So too we should be able to "fly" over the words and then *map* them out. I just doubt if the method of using PhotoReading used now is valid. Well, if not back to the the drawing board. *Failure is not an option:)*
RS

27 January, 2015 - 12:33

There is another possible explanation for the artist who flew over London. If you watch older videos, I think they say that he had been drawing every major building in the city for years. He is a unique master of this kind of architectural drawing. I haven't found much information about it online, but it seems likely to me that his abilities come from a very high level of practiced skill and maybe not some kind of inborn "photographic memory". If it were photographic memory (a photographic visual imprint that can be perfectly recalled), it should also work for numbers, words, and other visual information.

Whatever the underlying method is, I think he is one of the world's great memorizers.

There are people who are able to develop aspects of their memories to levels that anecdotally might be described as "photographic" (including members in this forum), but I haven't been able to find evidence that the brain actually works like a camera.

27 January, 2015 - 13:41

Stephen Wiltshire ( the guy who flew over London, Rome, etc... and made drawings of that ) was born mute, maybe thats the reason why he developed such drawing skills. ( He used to communicate with drawings )

Have you ever heard of blind people riding bikes?

Any way, Stephen is a savant and he has his own method, he is not a photoreader.

About photoreading, I read the book, and if you did, you'll probably find that photoreading has 5 steps, one of those steps is a quick look ( like speedreading ) at the pages, so this creates the "illusion" of photoreading.

27 January, 2015 - 13:51

In youtube you can find photoreading sesions.

12 February, 2015 - 09:23

Photoreading is hogwash.

And you can only see clearly information that is at the center of your eye. (i forget the name of that part of the eye)

I have read the books, applied it as much as I can , read every single thread on their forum during at least a whole year and even have attended a photoreading seminar in Bruxelles (Belgium) with a Certified PhotoReading Instructor.

Sad to say but nobody was able to activate any book during the seminar (we were 6 persons: 5 women and I was the only man...)

Up to now, nobody has been able up to demonstrate the so called photoreading activation phase like in the video promotion.

I'm even willing to pay generously any person who can demonstrate it with a book of my choice in front of me.

Iv have even talked with a second french Certified PhotoReading Instructor and shared my doubt about the activation phase.
Her testimonial was (translated from french) not as shinny as the ad for a certified instructor:

I have a friend in Briançon writing autobiographical novels. While we take a drink, I photoreaded one. Later, I told him about his book, what I felt, the main character: he was shocked! But-and I stress this - I have not felt like saying things so remarkable as that.

I had things to say, this is a first point, a lot of things to say but I do not know what I was going to say it was being built in as.
Moreover, as I have said, I practice many direct learning: I photoread a book without activating.
When I do that before attending a course, I see a clear difference: I feel a sense of gratitude: ideas, examples, arguments are familiar to me. You can do this experiment: Go to a conference in photoread three or four books on the subject before: you'll be impressed.

The only thing that I have learned through the course is to read with a clear purpose.

12 February, 2015 - 10:19

Learn to read slow.

Chew slowly and you'll get more minerals.

And while you're reading slowly, practice imagining everything in intricate detail as an exercise for your memory work.

11 April, 2015 - 06:30

Hi I'm new, and don't want to turn into lurker(just read that on wiki).

I also read the book, and to be honest I read somewhere that Paul Scheele took the idea from Zoxing. Didn't even spend 6 months on it, but clearly had some interesting ideas from what he experienced. But for me, the biggest from that was to read actively, whether faster or slow, it doesn't matter.
And to read something more than once if its worth doing so, and if not then find a book worth understanding, however fast you read. Everything else isn't agreeable.

21 April, 2015 - 20:43

Paul Scheele took a course given by Richard Welch called Subliminal Dynamics. Scheele started his company several months later using the techniques he learned from Welch. Zox was an authorized presenter of the Subliminal Dynamics course. Neither Photoreading or Subliminal Dynamics are reading as people think of it. It is based on the subject achieving hypermnesia. Few people can achieve it through self induction techniques and the act of turning pages in a book bring most people out of the state. I have only seen sporadic success with it. I have taken both the Photoreading course and the Subliminal Dynamics course. I have never had success with it. I have seen people in the classes have some success. What it actually does is allow the user to read the book at a faster speed than usual. As others have said sq3r is cheaper and as good.

Where it has been most successful is on drawings and photographs.

The Subliminal Dynamics course has some techniques that Photoreading doesn't. Scheele couldn't copy them without it being obvious where he got the technique. Subliminal Dynamics teaches biofeedback to achieve the necessary state.
Subliminal Dynamics is based on the same literature from which the Silva Mind control was derived. If you don't believe in that sort of thing don't take either Photoreading or Subliminal Dynamics.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: