Nutrition and cognitive performance

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 17 December, 2011 - 02:09

17 December, 2011 - 03:33

Anyone care to summarise?
My diet of popular science articles seems to have left me unwilling to wade through such academic text.

17 December, 2011 - 09:14

The abstract says, "Except for a transient positive effect of rising blood glucose after a carbohydrate-rich meal, a protein-rich or balanced meal seems to result in better overall cognitive performance presumably because of less variation in glucose metabolism and/or higher modulation in LNAA ratios indicated by the overall GIR." So eating more protein, or eating a balanced diet, is better for cognitive functions like memory, visualization, reasoning, etc.

17 December, 2011 - 11:18

Limit carbohydrates (sugar, bread, pasta etc...) and eat more protein. From personal experience i can say this helps me be more alert and eliminates "brain foginess".

15 January, 2012 - 13:42

Does it take into account the difference between refined carbs (like spaghetti or white bread) and whole grains?

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: