Names & Faces Event Question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 5 March, 2012 - 14:43
Yan
Yan's picture

Names & Faces Event Question

A question to the mentathletes, for the names & faces recall event, do you need to complete a row correctly to get your points like the number, random words or binary events or is each face scored individually?

Like I can just miss two names in a row and still get the third name correct? Am I awarded the points for the third name or are points taken from my score for the row?

Thanks... :)

5 March, 2012 - 14:59
Yan
Yan's picture

From Boris Konrad: Each face, even each name, counts individually. The faces are not given in order but in a new random order! Therefore you would have to know all the names to be able to recall them in order, which is not possible. In summary: Each correct first- and each correct surname gives you a point no matter how many names you got correct in that row.

29 May, 2012 - 09:23

Could anyone please tell me where I could get the official written rules explaining this and the correction method for other official WMC tests as well?
I went to WMC site and found nothing written on this subject.

I would like to know cause I'm organizing a competition with a Random Word Test and would like to have it well corrected.

thanks in advance, if anyone can help.

Simon

29 May, 2012 - 13:24

31 May, 2012 - 10:56

Thanks Geoff,

I was able to find all I needed with the help of the link that you gave.

SL

31 December, 2016 - 23:08

Sorry for reopening this thread.
Basically i would like to have some sample sheets of each disciplines so i can have better insight. So i came to this thread.
The link that geoff has mentioned shows error.

If anyone has some of the predownloaded sheets or some simulating training sheets, i would like to have them.

Regards.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: