Memory techniques for biomedical science.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 31 January, 2015 - 04:26

Memory techniques for biomedical science.

Hi guys.

This is my first post here since I'm a beginner.

My background in memory techniques is as follows:
Books:
Super Memory, Super Student by Harry Lorayne. It helped me a lot with learning specific things in order such as shopping lists, US presidents, language vocabulary and a little chemistry. But it didn't help me with what I was looking for. What I did learn, quickly faded if I didn't revise it often.

How to Develop a Perfect Memory by Dominic O'Brien. I didn't study the book as much as I did with Lorayne's book because there were different techniques. However, I did start to use the Memory Palace and that helped me position what I have learned at specific locations and that allowed me to retain information better.

Memo by Oddbjorn By. This is a book by a memory champion from Norway. This book uses Dominic System along with a few other techniques which seem pretty useful but I am a bit skeptic of changing techniques (from the Major System into Dominic system).

I am a student of Biomedical Science and I am trying to figure out which technique is better.
If anyone has studied science with the Dominic system can that person elaborate how they went about implementing the system into their studies?

31 January, 2015 - 22:22

Welcome to the site! :)

The Dominic system is basically a way to convert numbers into images. Once you have images for every number, you don't need to worry about the system anymore.

In the Dominic system, the number 15 might be Albert Einstein. In the major system the number 20 might be Einstein. It doesn't matter, as long as you can link the numbers to some image.

Every other technique is basically the same everywhere: memory palaces/journeys, linking/association, stories, peg lists, etc.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: