How to Sustain Motivation

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 21 September, 2012 - 23:20

How to Sustain Motivation

22 September, 2012 - 23:44

Hi Dar124,

Usually motivation comes from small and large successes.
If you train to do something and there is no success, it is very hard to stay motivated. If, however, you increase your abilitities through training, every little increase will help.

As an example I started learning Chinese on Memrise. At some point my little successes started stalling.
I was just repeating words and I realised that I did not actually learn a lot anymore. So my motivation started to go down. To counter this I downloaded all the words I was learning and uploaded them into Anki decks.
With Anki the time to learn new words went down a lot and my motivation went up a lot.

So try to see if your success is stalling and make arrangements to counter this.
Also, keep in mind that improvement is not always gradual. Sometimes you will be at a plateau and it will take some time to see improvements.
There is a difference between a plateau and stalling. If you stalled change something.

1 October, 2012 - 11:39

Hi
Motivation is the problem of humans. we can not do the same task for too long if we do not see quick success or if you do not see all around you working on the same thing.

One of the best motivation hacks I found that keeps me motivated is self hypnosis. It is simple brain reprogramming method (rewiring) through which you can make some long term changes in your behaviour, thought patterns, emotion patterns or even personality if you wish, I found it really effective. I know some professional hyperaesthesia recordings mp3 with the full hypnotic sessions. I needed to listen to them for about a week and it was sufficient to keep me going. Any day I felt a bit less motivated I listened to the session and it worked. I can fully recommend it.

Once you are motivated you will not need any other tools to keep you on track

let me know if you need any more info
Mike

Learning motivational self hypnosis

15 November, 2012 - 21:51

Look at why you decided to undergo the task in the first place. Try to remember how you felt when you first began instead of how you feel now. Also break your goals into smaller steps, no one really climbs a mountain instead they keep climbing "to the next peak" until they end up at the summit.

25 April, 2014 - 14:06

hi,
to keep motivation high, I think of the benefits that I'll have 'once you reach the goal.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: