"How to Become a World Memory Champion" - Dominic O'Brien

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 30 December, 2013 - 21:23

"How to Become a World Memory Champion" - Dominic O'Brien

An article from wired.co.uk: How to become a World Memory Champion in ten steps

As you throw back another egg nog, mulled wine or other variety of sickly Christmas cheer, save a thought for the brain cells that take a hit with each swig. Your memory might not fare so well the morning after, but thanks to these tips from England's eight-time World Memory Champion and author of How to Develop a Brilliant Memory Week by Week Dominic O'Brien, there are a few things you can do to improve it in the future -- or at least, give the impression you remember the night's events.

3 January, 2014 - 04:18

Interesting, and the new book looks great too ... and a strange coincidence that this article uses half of the same graphic on my article here:

https://www.udemy.com/blog/mnemonic-examples/

4 January, 2014 - 09:00

Hey, that sounds easy!

5 March, 2016 - 00:35

I really like the rule of five :) I definitely need to start reading more about spaced repetition

5 March, 2016 - 08:33

It's actually kind of surprising that there really haven't been any significant movements in memory techniques. I often wonder whether it is because of the narrowness of application or if it is simply a limitation of the ability.

If one were to combine mindful meditation, observation techniques, practice in concentration there might be more to be had.

On the book end the missing element is a proper course of study. Rather than a magic formulas a reasonably thought out progressive curriculum that spans 12-16 weeks and develops good habits would be far more useful than more of the same packaged in promises of instant success in life.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: