History test : Creation of the Europe between 1950 until now

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 30 July, 2015 - 15:05

History test : Creation of the Europe between 1950 until now

Hello; I had this topic's title question in my last test.. and at that time I didn't know much about memory technics for studying.
I will have soon a next history test and I heard it's most likely that I would have the same question so I used my memory palace to put up all the dates.

What I did is using the two last numbers of the years with what happened.

For example:

1950: (location is between the line 1 and 2 of the train station of my town)
During a big sunny day (sun = 50; for the year 1950) there is a train arriving in the station
Because one of the train station in Brussels is Schuman
=> Schuman Declaration

Another example:

1973: (location is outside a fast food near the train station)
There is Twisted Fate (a character from the game League of Legend; which is the number 73) doing a magic trick and changing a sausage (06) into an egg (09)
=> Europe of 6 countries becomes Europe of 9.

Last exemple:
1992: (location is outside of a small cafe not far from my house; there are many tables outside)
There is my cat Titi (Titi = 92) who fails to jump on the table because she is too high (on drugs)
=> The Maastricht Treaty was signed. (you know Maastricht is famous for smoking).

I find it really funny and easy to learn like this.. if I get this question on my test I would really easily get 20/20
But one thing I realized is that I have to dedicate a full journey just for a small part of history.. it made me realize that I have to make way more journeys :/

Please share your thoughts if you have some ideas to improve it or if you know how to use the same journey for different stuffs to learn. :p

2 August, 2015 - 15:34

Reykan, have you tried the SQR3 method of study?

Studies show, that the cortical tools that this form of study allows one to retain more information!

I personally combine it with Cornell Notes in history, theatre, and others.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: