Double-Deck O Cards - US Memory Championship

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 29 March, 2012 - 20:27

Double-Deck O Cards - US Memory Championship

Hi,

Does anyone know what the rules are for the Double-Deck O Cards in the U.S. Memory Championship? I know that Nelson Dellis was disqualified for making a small mistake in 2010. Is the recall of the deck from top to bottom card with the decks faced down on a table?

Thanks

29 March, 2012 - 23:43

The competitors chose and agreed on which direction they wanted to go in first. I think it was bottom to top this year...

30 March, 2012 - 06:48

Thanks. Also, if one of the three competitors finishes memorizing both decks in say 3 minutes, does the timing stop for each contestant at the 3 minute mark or do they continue to have the full five minutes?

30 March, 2012 - 09:39

Nope, you get the full 5 minutes. So I finished memorizing both decks in less than 2 minutes, I spend the rest of the time reviewing. That's how I can do it so solidly.

As for the direction of memorization. Back in 2010, they stuck to one way and one way only: with the deck face down on the table, top to bottom.

Now, the finalists vote. This year it was the way I prefer: bottom to top.

31 March, 2012 - 01:19

Do you know before memorising which direction the recall will be in?

31 March, 2012 - 06:05

Yes, it is voted on before memorization begins.

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: