Any Germans here?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 12 April, 2014 - 14:48

Any Germans here?

I was wondering if there are any German speakers in here who are interested in mnemonics. :D

20 November, 2014 - 09:22

Now there are ;)

20 November, 2014 - 09:29

I'm from Germany :)

20 November, 2014 - 11:06

@ all Forum members and especially the German-speaking members

So I was wondering: What kind of information do you guys store?
Because when I start creating rooms the thing that takes most of my time is creating the right associations/images to store the information in form of a peg inside the locus. Since you guys are German and some of us might share the same interests concerning information we would like to remember (like historical, geographical, political knowledge or art-related stuff) - why not share our lists of them, so we could save some time? - The description of those images, possible symbolism, number etc. of course could be in German preferably.

Edit: Maybe I should highlight that I refer to using the mind palace / method of loci in this case.

21 November, 2014 - 07:37

Yes, here :)

23 November, 2014 - 23:41

Battos wrote:

...some of us might share the same interests concerning information we would like to remember (like historical, geographical, political knowledge or art-related stuff) - why not share our lists of them, so we could save some time? - The description of those images, possible symbolism, number etc. of course could be in German preferably.

Have you seen the memory challenges section? Feel free to post lists there. :)

Feel free to post comments there with German-language images if you would like, since there are many German-speaking readers.

24 November, 2014 - 02:35

Not German, but an Auslander in Berlin since 2008. :)

24 November, 2014 - 04:37

Thanks Josh!
Indeed I haven't seen that one before and thought that it was just about memory championship challenges and so on :-)
I guess I'll post my question there and see what happens.

@Metivier: That's cool, how come? Are you giving seminars there?

6 May, 2015 - 10:13

Oh, wow, my first post. :)

Yeah, I am from Germany too. I liked Josh's idea of some german alternatives there. I already tried some of the english ones, but finding one in your native language sometimes saves a lot of time. ;)

Till now I only tried the list of presidents and chancellors of Germany, do you have good suggestions?

Learn memory techniques for free! Just click the "Sign up" button below to create an account and we'll send you an email with some tips on how to get started.

Related content: